Friday, March 11, 2011

Denizen365 Submission #59

"All Third Culture Kids struggle with the question, “Where are you from?” At Denizen365, we ask TCKs to answer the question using a self-portrait. We hope to visually explore the profiles of 365 TCKs, while connecting this community of travelers across the world." Denizen365

59. kittenita

(http://kittenita.com)

ILLUSTRATOR PORTRAIT : KITTENITA

ELEMENTS: Base 02 + Helvetica Neue + Koru + Arrow 2.18 + Splatter + Planes + Blur + Gradient. Arrow 2.18 indicates where I moved around the globe.

WHAT HAS BEING A TCK TAUGHT YOU?
I am more patient/impatient, understanding, compassionate, open-minded. It has taught me how to be alone, to understand others yet not be understood, seek out the unfamiliar, to try understanding someone fully, to try and try again, to change and change again. And ultimately I have no home, except for the one I create with the people I choose to surround myself with.

BORN IN: Seoul, South Korea
RAISED IN: Manila, Philippines; Singapore; Prevessin Moens/Divonne-les-Bains, France/Geneva, Switzerland.
LIVED IN: Boston, MA, USA; St. Cergue/Nyon/Geneve, Switzerland; Seoul, South Korea; Singapore.
HOPE TO LIVE IN: relative stability

No comments: