Monday, November 07, 2011

Walls

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
Image by possessed2fisheye
So it looks like I've hit a wall that looks suspiciously similar to the one I've seen back there in my life, but several times over. Life is pulling out the rug from under my feet yet again, as if trying to teach me a new lesson. Have I not learned? What have I learned this time around? There is that one side of me that's still fighting and struggling to keep above water, then there's that one side has shut down and is now lifeless, swirling into the possibility of completely drowning. Since they're both not cooperating I'm just sort of stuck here. Strangely enough navel-gazing makes it easier to get pulled under. Hmmm... I think this clearly shows I'm both crap at metaphors and complete crap at keeping myself sane in times of stress... *Attempt at Humor*

No comments: